SCHOLARSHIPS FOR Ph.D. ABROAD
Applications are invited for Ph.D studies in various disciplines at the HEC Recognized Universities of Pakistan and in Electronic Engineering at HEC Recognized Universities of Advanced Countries. Candidates selected for the award of scholarships will be offered Faculty Positions at the LCWU, Lahore Campus in the following subjects (Botany, Physics, Electronics Engineering, English, Economics, Mathematics, Management Sciences, Statistics and Psychology).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The applicants should be Female Nationals of Pakistan.
- The candidates should have minimum of 16/17 years of education in relevant discipline from HEC Recognized Universities; however MS. / M.Phil degree holders will be preferred.
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career. In case of regular faculty members having 18 years of education, at least two first divisions in academic career would be required.
- Persons already availing any HEC/ Government Scholarships are NOT eligible to apply.
- Minimum cumulative 50% academic marks in GRE Test conducted by the NTS.
- The applicants must have qualified the HEC test conducted by NTS for admission to Ph.D. (valid test score, not older than one year from the date of advertisement) as per their policy.
- After the selection, the final grant of the scholarship shall also be subject to the confirmation of admission of the candidate in Local/ Foreign (Electronic Engineering University).
- The selection shall be made through the interviews conducted by the selection board of LCWU Lahore.
- The candidates shall be required to sign a surety bond that after completing Ph.D. degree they will serve for minimum of five years at the Lahore College for Women University, Lahore.
- The candidates will have to fulfill all codal formalities of respective universities.
- The candidates shall be required to follow all the codal formalities as per HEC regulations before commencement of higher studies.
Maximum age limit on Closing date:
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector universities/ colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations.
- 35 years for all others.
- Candidates applying for the Scholarship/ Faculty Position should obtain prescribed form from Registrarís Office on the payment of Rs. 500/- or download from LCWU website www.lcwu.edu.pk. The applications should reach the Registrarís Office on or before
10th, December 2009. Those in service must apply through proper channel.
- Candidates who are already serving in Government/ Semi Government and autonomous bodies should apply Through Proper Channel accompanied by NOC from the employer; an advance copy of the application may be sent.
- For Electronics Engineering registration with Pakistan Engineering Council as Professional Engineer is mandatory.
- Attach the following documents along with prescribed application form (CV/ Resume, Attested copies of CNIC, all educational degrees/ certificates, NTS Result Card with two recent photographs, one page "Statement of Purpose" related to applicant's aspiration to pursue higher studies in the particular field and Brief description of research interests.
- The university reserves the right to reduce/ change of subject/ or cancel any or all scholarships with out assigning any reason.
» Download Admission Form for PH.D. Degree 2009
Further information can be obtained from the office of Registrar LCWU, Lahore Phone Nos.042-99203801-09 Ext. 204, 205, 206, 300