Residential Facility - Hostels
The University offers Hostel Facility to the students coming from other cities and other cities and other countries. There are two hostels, one for under graduates and graduates and the other for post-graduate students. Due to limited accommodation facilities, the students are admitted on merit only.
- The boarding house provides accommodation for all unmarried students subject to the availability of accommodation. A student who fails in the promotion examination of the University is not allowed to live in the hostel. Local students are not provided hostel accommodation.
- Before admission to the hostel every boarder’s parents/ guardians must supply a list of visitors giving details with regard to name, designation and relationship to the student concerned. Distinction should be clearly made between those permitted to visit the student in the University at the fixed time and those allowed to take her home for weekend and other holidays.
- Appointment of a local guardian by the father/guardian is compulsory.
- Boarders are allowed to go out for the weekend by the permission of the warden.
- On Saturday and Sunday warden may permit the boarders to go out but they are required to come back at 6:00 p.m. in summer and 5:00 p.m. in winter.
- Post-graduate students are only allowed to go out to the libraries outside the university on Wednesday.
- Leave to go out is given by the Vice-Chancellor or her nominee.
- Boarders are required to have their breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the dining room only.
- Visitors of the boarder are not allowed to stay with them.
- Boarders are not allowed to move about in the University premises in colored cloth during working hours.
- Boarders are not allowed to go to the main office, main gate or the academic building after working hours.
- Boarders are not allowed to hold such political or religious meetings which are likely to hurt the feelings of any resident.
- Every boarder is exspected to preserve peace, tranquility and calm atmosphere in the hostel and to respect the rights of others.
- Boarders must pay their mess charges in the first week of each month.
- Boarders are not allowed to willfully damage the college property.
- Boarders are expected to stay inside the University premises and not allowed to leave the University without valid gate pass issued by the warden.
- Any student who violates the hostel rules involves herself in the negative activities like strike will render herself liable to disciplinary action.