Admission - B.S. (Hons.) / BS-CS / BE
Prospectus B.S. (Hons.), Pharm-D, M.S./M.Phil., Ph.D. 2010
Lahore College for Women University is offering a four year BS (Hons) degree program with minimum 134 credit hours divided into 8 semesters with 2 semesters each year. Which will equip students to pursue further higher education and careers and meet national demands and international challenges in the rapidly changing world scenario.
Within the new four year BS (Hons) program, all students are required to take one major and two Minor subjects (total three subjects) along with English, Islamic Studies, Pakistan Studies, Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science as compulsory subject.
The academic session starts in September and concludes in May-June every year. Admission to BS (Hons) classes is made according to the schedule advertised in the leading newspapers (No admission form is accepted after the due date) and the lists of candidates selected provisionally are displayed on the University Notice Board. The selected candidates shall be required to pay admission dues by the notified dates failing which their admission shall stand cancelled.
Two percent seats are reserved for the disabled and handicapped applicants. Physical disability means disability that cannot be rectified by any equipment. Being short sighted and hard of hearing does not fall under the definition of disability for admission purpose. The candidates must enclose the certificate of their physical disability duly signed by the M.S. Services Hospital Lahore with their forms.
Two percent seats are reserved on sports basis. The candidate must attach her Sports Certificates of Board, Division and District level sports competitions and then appear for trials and interview on the dates duly notified.
Northern Areas Seats
Two seats are reserved for Northern Areas for each professional degree (Pharm-D, BS-CS).
Foreign Students Seats
20 additional seats are reserved for B.S. programs for Foreign Students. The candidates selected on these seats shall pay Rs. 50,000/- only per annum along with normal fee for year I, II, III and IV separately in one installment.
Foreign Students fee is non refundable. It can only be refunded if the name of the student falls on the subsequent merit list and she wants to continue her studies in this university only.
- The candidates may obtain admission forms along with prospectus from the university office on the dates notified.
- They are required to fill out white forms for applying for subjects that come under the Faculty of Social Sciences or Faculty of Humanities, Islamic and Oriental Learning, blue forms for applying for the subjects that come under Faculty of Natural Sciences or Faculty of Engineering and Technology and separate forms for Reserved seats and write the words Reserved Seat in Red ink on the form.
- They are directed to attach the attested photocopies of the following documents with the form:
- Matriculation Certificate (Two copies)
- Detailed Marks Card of F.A./F.Sc. (Two copies)
- Provisional/Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- NIC of Candidate.
- NIC of candidate's Father/Guardian.
- Monthly Income Certificate of Father/Guardian.
- The declaration at the back of the form must be signed by the candidate as well as by the parent.
- The candidate must not be above 22 years of age on the last date of the receipt of form.
- All the selected candidates are required to bring the original documents, one set of attested photo copies of these documents and four photographs at the time of depositing university dues.
- After payment of dues, the candidate will go to the teacher on duty and get her Roll No. and section written at the back of her fee receipt which once allotted cannot be changed.
- The selected candidates will be admitted provisionally and the Verification Committee of the University will make final admission after the verification of the documents. If at any stage after the admission it comes to the knowledge of the authorities that the documents presented by the candidate are fake or there is a misstatement or clerical error in the documents, her admission will be cancelled.
- Migration is not allowed.
- F.A./F.Sc. students with more than 60% marks and A-level students with good grades in relevant subjects only are eligible to apply for BS (Hons) program.
- The students who have not studied Mathematics at intermediate level are not eligible to apply for the Mathematics, Physics, Statistics Group.
- I.Com students are not eligible to apply for admission in BS (Hons) Economics, Statistics and Mathematics
- The student must have studied the major subject at intermediate level (in which she is seeking admission).
- The students who wish to study English Literature, Fine Arts and Design & Visual Arts will have to qualify an aptitude test.
- The students are allowed to change their subjects within seven working days only after commencement of regular classes. No application for the change of subjects will be entertained after the notified due date.