Quality Enhancement Cell
One of the emerging challenges faced by any higher educational institution is the development, application and maintenance of quality benchmarks in all its key performance areas. To institutionalize the process of quality sustenance and enhancement, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) established in the HEC.
In pursuance of the National Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up gradation of institutions of higher education, a Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) has been established in Lahore College for Women University as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the QEC is a regular part of The University system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance in tune with the Vision and Mission of the University.
The prime task of the QEC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the University. The QEC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of The University. During the post-accreditation period, the QEC will channelize the efforts and measures of the University towards academic excellence.
The work of the QEC in the first step is towards the internationalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement. Its success will depend upon the sense of belonging and participation it can inculcate in all the constituents of The University. it is a monitoring, evaluative and assessment unit of The University. The QEC has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering The quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
QEC is responsible for the followings:
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring and student's perception
- Quality assurance of Master's, MPhil and Phd degree programs.
- Review of Subjects, Departmental and Intuitional assessment
- Review of quality standards, teaching, learning in each subject area
- Review of academic affiliations and develop qualification framework
- Develop program specifications and quality assurance processes
- Develop, monitor and evaluate department, employer and institutional assessment.
Vice Chancellor's Message
The concepts of accountability management in public sector organizations have ensured that issues related to performance assessment and measurement have been high on the agenda of Higher Education Institutions (HEI). To compete with the 21st Century educational institutions there will always be a need for monitoring and assessment cell for performance appraisal and continuous improvement. To continually prove ourselves and our commitments to all the stake holders of 21st Century, we have established a Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC). The mission of QEC is supported by a comprehensive Strategic Plan given by Quality Assurance Agency of HEC and this plan is followed by all departments. QEC helps us while monitoring, assessing and advising the development of programs, faculty, students, departments etc. QEC works directly as part of our continuous improvement process. Consequently we have plotted a path for the future and step into the world of performance measurement.
To provide a high quality educational excellence while continuously improving the supportive and conducive learning environment that incorporates the students', professionals' and communities' needs.
To prepare students and professionals for facing and coping the challenges of the real world of 21st Century while strengthening the quality of their educational and professional skills.
The Strategic quality objectives of the QEC are:
- Creation of collective commitment to enhance quality within The University.
- Clear definition of customers' (the student and his sponsor) needs and satisfaction consistent with appropriate quality measures and professional standards.
- Giving consideration to the requirements of industry, commerce and the public sector.
- Identification of preventive actions and controls to avoid customer dissatisfaction.
- Continuous (and never ending) review of service requirements and achievements to identify opportunities for service quality improvement.
Strategic Quality Objectives
The Strategic quality objectives of the QEC are:
- Maintaining and enhancing the academic rigor and professional relevance of undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Improving the range, depth and international recognition of research and scholarly activities.
- Ensuring appropriate standards, relevance and imparting of values to the satisfaction of the community and the nation.
- Providing systems for an efficient and effective utilization of the academic and research resources of the university.
QEC Survey Form